Thursday, June 4, 2009

say cheese

I've been so busy the last couple weeks trying to finalize as many vendors as possible. We finally chose a photographer. His name is Young Lee and while he doesn't normally do wedding photographer, he's doing it for us!

The whole process was so frustrating. I met several wedding photographer but none of them felt like the right match. There was one photographer who had beautiful photography but when we went to meet him, I just didn't really like him. He seemed just a tad condescending and a bit snobby about his work. His fees were also pretty steep given what was included in his package, which was basically nothing... 6 hours of photography time ($300+ for each additional hour - we would need him pretty much all day because of the tea ceremony) and a DVD. To get everything I wanted, it would end up well over $5000.

Anyway, Hunny Bunny is a graphic designer so he took it upon himself to ask around the office and came up with Young Lee, who had done work with the company. HB decided to send him an email and see if he'd be interested. To my relief and excitement, he was!

And he was extremely accommodating and affordable. He's providing us with a full day of wedding photography plus a half day of engagement photos and all the photos on DVD for half of what the other photographer was going to charge.

Yay for another thing checked off the list! Now I need to figure out what I'm going to wear for the engagement photos and where we're going to have them done! Because our wedding is in November, most of our photos will need to be done indoors so I really want to have photos outside. I just don't know where!

There's always the typical Alki Beach with the Seattle skyline as the back drop but that seems so cliche. HB suggested a golf course since he's been so obsessed lately, but I'm kinda iffy about that. As fun as that sounds, I don't want to disturb the other golfers who are actually there to play!

I kinda like Volunteer Park too. My parents used to take my brother and me there a lot when we were kids and there's also a lovely view of the Seattle skyline.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear suggestions from you!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

i love the name of your blog. so f*in fabulous!! thanks for the comment my dear! good luck with the wedding planning and the giveaway!

jackattack said...

maybe consider red square at UW? all those red bricks should make a dramatic backdrop. downtown seattle public library if you're thinkin' something indoor?

K said...

What about that great fancy garden over on Bainbridge Island? Or the sculpture park downtown? Lots of neat backdrops, good sunsets, water views, ferries floating by. That's why Jerry tried to propose there ;) Damn rain! LOL