Monday, September 22, 2008

done, done and done

Date: November 7, 2009 - Check.
Venue: W Hotel Seattle - Check.
Dress: White-ish - Check.

All this accomplished in the last 24 hours! Ok.. So we haven't actually signed the contract yet and I haven't actually ordered the dress yet but we're this close!

Let me start with the dress. One of my bridesmaids and I went dress shopping at I Do Bridal. I was expecting yet another disappointing day with dresses that I hate but as soon as I got there, I found out that a girl I went to elementary school with was going to be my salesperson! We used to ride the bus together!

She made the experience so easy and she really listened to what I was looking for in a dress - I didn't feel any pressure at all. I ended up falling for a Mori Lee dress that was very similar to the Lea Ann Belter dress that I mentioned previously, which was nearly $4000! The one I like is under $1000! Whew.

Initially, I wanted to get a dress that was more sheath but after trying on several different shapes, I found the modified A-line style to be really flattering - rather than hide, it accentuates my shape.

I'm sure the Lea Ann Belter one is far superior in craftsmanship by the finest tailor this side of the Mississipi, while the Mori Lee one is probably made in some sweatshop by a four-year-old indentured servant. I joke, I joke! But with my mummy insisting that I need to have multiple changes of clothes (I have to wear a traditional Chinese wedding dress and now she wants me to change into some sort of evening dress), I really don't want to spend all my money on a dress I'll be wearing for a few hours. Besides, I want to be able to afford some fabulous shoes too! Priorities, ya know?

Finally, HB and I visited the W today and I think we both loved it. I know a lot of you have softspots for the W and come to think of it, so do I. When we first started dating, that was one of our spots. We went there for drinks all the time. (Oh and did I ever mention the time I had lunch with Tim Gunn? Ok. It wasn't really with him with him but he was at the next table with Angela "Crazy Rosettes Lady" Keslar exclaiming how "gorgeous" the soup was... Sigh..)

When we showed up to meet the catering manager, she even had a little gift for me. How did she know the way to my heart was free stuff and presents? Sold!

Ahem.

The space was perfect and she's putting the contract together now. Eep! It's happening!

3 comments:

K said...

Woo hoo!! It's so true. Once you have the space, everything else just rolls right along!

tam pham said...

YAY for getting shiznit done! i feel a little behind since i haven't looked at dresses yet!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU LOVE THE W IN SEATTLE!!!

I booked the W for a couple days before our cruise departs and I have heard so many mixed reviews. It looked pretty on their website, but doesn't everything? It got good reviews from tripadvisor, except for the "attitudes". It was constantly said that the reception and service people are snotty.

Glad to hear a positive from someone that has been there several times. We are staying there for 3 days. I think it's three. Is there anything that we MUST check out???

info@thepissedoffbride.com if you felt like dropping a line or two about Seattle. . . or comment

Thanks!