Tuesday, September 2, 2008

i heart stress

I've hardly had time to bask in the glow of engagement-dom and I'm already feeling like this all needs to be over! I did a little bit of wedding gown shopping over the weekend with my bestie/MOH and I swear I nearly got hives from the anxiety!

As soon as the salesgal put the first dress on me, I thought I was going to suffocate (though that may have been due to the bustier I was wearing.) When she added the veil. Oh lord. I was minutes away from wretching all over the store. Hahaha. The other bride-to-be in the store seemed to be prancing around like she was having the time of her life! She probably was!

I couldn't wait to get the damn thing off! I don't think I like this whole center-of-attention thing. I know, I know. This is just the beginning and I'll start enjoying it soon, right? RIGHT?!!?!

I suppose it didn't help that all the bridal shops we visited had mainly those vile, princess-bride gowns covered in sequins, beads and lace.

Barf-o-rama.

My dream dress is really simple - flowy, empire-waist, nothing fussy. I adore this Carolina Herrera.

I must admit though, I found a lacy number by Lea Ann Belter that was far more fancy than I envisioned but it was so flattering. Unfortunately, it's way out of my price range. (I'm not going to post a photo of it because I don't want HB to see it, in case I end up getting it! But ask me via comment/email and I'll tell you.)

Anyway, I'm hoping that the other bridal shops will have a better selection. I've given myself a deadline of February to find the dress and get it ordered. I'll probably check in San Francisco when I go next month!

Ugh. I need to look for a Chinese wedding outfit while I'm there too. But that's a whole other story.

Are we there yet?

4 comments:

Elle said...

My brother's fiance got her dress at bellevue bridal (just off main street downtown). It's small, but they are really nice there and have a decent variety of dresses. Not too expensive either. Good luck!

Rhondalei G. said...

You need a cheongsam made? Super tight with a phoenix and dragon going up it? Haha! ;) I love the flowy number in the pic. Its so simple and elegant! I want to see the Lea Ann Belter dress...send it to me!

Tiffany said...

I got my dress from Belltown Bride and I highly recommend it. The owner is the sweetest lady and she gets samples of only designer dresses so her stock is always changing. Let me know if you want more info, I'll send it over!

Da Fashionista said...

send it to me. i wanna see ;)