Monday, September 8, 2008

out in the cold

So I've visited a couple venues including the Arctic Club Hotel, as I mentioned before. I was really hoping that that would be place because I love the photos.

Anyway, I love the venue but it won't work. They don't have the space for me to do both my ceremony and reception without there being a 2 hour gap between the two (I can't even hold the cocktail reception during that time!) I was pretty disappointed, but what can you do? I suppose I could have the ceremony at a different location, but it's not really practical for us since neither of us are religious (no church) and it'll be too cold to have an outdoor ceremony some where.

We still have the Pan Pacific Hotel coming up next week.

We're also visiting Herban Feast this week too. It's basically a warehouse that has been converted into a reception venue. I think it looks promising although my fuddy-duddy family might not get it, if you know what I mean.

They already think I'm crazy for wanting a winter wedding! They'll probably think I'd want to get married at any old Costco.

We still have several other places to visit, but I really hope to have a venue chosen by the end of October, if not sooner!

2 comments:

Rhondalei G. said...

This is the old Herban Pottery isn't it? I loved going to that place to shop during my lunch when I worked on E Marginal. I think the space would have to really be done up to meet the standards of some discerning family, but I love the how the space is so natural!

Tiffany said...

I am dying to see Herban Feast. The venue looks amazing. If you get married there, can I be invited? ;)

I'm not sure if you are interested in a loft like space but J and I almost had our wedding at Pravda Studios. It is just an open space that you can do anything to, and no vendor contracts so you can bring in whatever you want.