Thursday, September 11, 2008

always a bridesmaid

As I said before, I'm looking for cute cocktail dresses as bridesmaid dresses. I really don't want to get one of those dresses that scream bridesmaid!

I'm hoping that they'll be able to wear the dresses again. Doesn't everyone say that? I really mean it though.

I also don't want to spend a ton of money on the dress because I'm planning to pay for them. The girls are in charge of their own shoes, but I personally don't think it's right to expect them to have to fork over a wad of cash in order to participate in my day.

I liked the tiered Ella Moss Black Label dress and was just about to order it when I decided that while it's cute, it's a tad skimpy for my buxom BMs and I want them to feel comfortable wearing it.

I also like this gray Sunner dress. It's very simple and I think it'll look really sweet and romantic with bright yellow flowers. But the price tag ($315 at ShopBop) is a bit of a downer. Maybe if it goes on sale!


I really was looking for a gray dress but I walked by Anthropologie and saw this adorable yellow dress. I can picture it with white flowers wrapped in luscious gray ribbon. It would definitely be unexpected, but not out of place, during a winter wedding. And the price is right!

Now if only looking for wedding dresses was this easy and fun!

2 comments:

Da Fashionista said...

loves the sunner dress

Aricka said...

I'll keep checking the blog to see how your wedding progresses, I love the choices so far!