Wednesday, September 17, 2008

w-w-w

It feels like we've looked at every venue in the area. And still we haven't found the perfect place. Hunny Bunny and I went to Pan Pacific the other day and annoyingly, they're not big enough to hold all our guests. Hello? Wasn't my first question, "Can you hold at least 200 people?"

It was a complete waste of time because they can barely fit 150 people. Did they think I would fall in love with the place and just not invite 50 people?

And then there was Herban Feast. I loved the space and I loved that we could buy/bring our own alcohol to be served by their bartenders - you know everyone's going to trashed! But of course, there was one fatal flaw. They don't have dressing rooms available for the bride and groom!

The only option, really wasn't an option at all. We could rent the space next door for a couple hours (at $300 an hour!) prior to the ceremony and use that as the dressing area - completely undesirable because we would have to walk about 20-30 feet outside in November in Seattle. I do not want me or my bridesmaids getting muddy and rained on just before walking down the aisle.

We visited a couple other places that I wasn't crazy about... Ugh. This is hard work!
We're going to check out the W hotel on Monday. I'm really hoping that this will be the place! Word on the street is that they had the carpeting redone so it's no longer striped, but rather a chocolate brown.

The perks for having my wedding there sound perfect, though I don't want to get myself too excited yet. Because we're planning a winter wedding, they're offering to waive both the ceremony fee and the room rental fee - a total of $3000 in savings! Included is one night in a corner room with an option to be upgraded to a suite.

Also included is makeup application for the bride, mother of the bride and maid of honor by a Smashbox makeup artist. And depending on how much I spend, they'll even fly celebrity makeup artist Hank Hoffman in from LA to personally primp me!

Their menu sounds wonderful too. If their food is anything like the food in their main restaurant Earth/Ocean, I'm sold. One of the dinner options, while a tad more pricey than the regular plated dinner is where the guests' entree order will be taken tableside. Basically, HB and I would choose four options beforehand and instead of asking guests to respond to the invititation with their dinner choice - they would choose for themselves that night.

Of course I'm totally getting ahead of myself. I just want to scratch this off my list of things to do!

6 comments:

tam pham said...

i'm obsessed with the W. that's where we got engaged!

Anonymous said...

can i join the dinner sampling?

Tiffany said...

the venue is the hardest thing to choose. Once you have it, you will be so relieved and can start planning all of the other fun stuff!

Good luck on your visit with the W, hope it goes well. I adore the Seattle W.

Loosy said...

Soooooo, we've never met.

BUT.

I'm totally campaigning to be one of the 200+ guests that take part in the wedding.of.the.year. Hello, flying in makeup artists from LA?!? Using Luda's (can I not?) photographer?!?!

Then again, I could always crash it... ;)

Rhondalei G. said...

Check this out - Metropolitan Wedding http://www.knsaber.com/page/3/
I found this photogs site and he did a wonderful job capturing the wedding and the venue - the space soooo reminds me of Herban Feast. Enjoy! Oh...be careful about the rest of his portfolio...some of it is NSFW! Haha! xoxox

lookrichbitch said...

Loosy,

If you show up, I won't have my security throw you out. You know, because I'm totally going to have security being that I'm such a super star!

And maybe I'll even save you a slice of cake!