Wednesday, October 22, 2008

efficiency!

So I had a momentary lapse the other day and randomly ordered the J. Crew Matilda dress for my bridesmaids. Having never seen it in person, I just crossed my fingers and clicked away.. (It looks nicer on the model than it does on the mannequin.)

A daring move since the dresses were a final sale - it's always dangerous buying sight unseen but I had faith.

Luckily, the dress turned out to be very cute, if not a tad conservative. The color is a mustard-y color and when I showed them to HB, he was thrilled because apparently it was the exact color he was envisioning when I declared yellow and grey as our colors.

Did I mention that the dresses were only $40 each?

Now I need to find a florist so I can figure out how I want my flowers! I'm thinking white flowers wrapped in a delicious grey ribbon.

5 comments:

tam pham said...

nice work! very classy and chic. did the sizes work for your bridesmaids??? i'm always weary of j.crew's sizing.

Brooke said...

Lovely. So lovely in fact, I might just go buy the dress AND it's only $40!!!!

Score!

1 point for LRB!

Brooke said...

PS - Hope you're totally comfortable with me crashing your wedding in the exact dress your bridesmaids have on? Hehhehhhhheeeee (nervous laugh)

K said...

White flowers with gray ribbon would be great! Or, even a super deep rusty red.

said...

Cute dress...love the color!