Monday, October 13, 2008

presidential debate

My darling gramma is hilarious. She's already purchased the Chinese dress that she'll be wearing to our wedding in November - next November. Yes, during our recent trip to San Francisco, she made sure to stop in Chinatown and chose a very tasteful and elegant cheong-sam.

Love her! (Even though she's been giving me crap about why we're not just getting married this November!) I wish everyone was that easy..

If you know my dad, you'll know he abhors wearing anything dressy and don't even get him started about ties. He'd rather not go than wear a tie!

But because I'm daddy's little girl, of course he'll go against all his usual rules and wear a suit. For me. But no tuxedo. Hell no. So that got my mom thinking about what my dad should wear..

Mommy has decided that we need to find something that fits like a glove. Better than a glove. Second skin. She wants him to dress like Barack Obama because she thinks he always looks so stylish without being stuffy.

I have to agree. He is rather dashing.

And we must, at all costs, keep dad from looking like Bill Clinton. Mommy loved Bill Clinton as a president but always hated his ill-fitting suits.



"He looks like a little kid wearing his dad's suit. It just doesn't fit right."

Poor Bill.

No comments: