Monday, August 25, 2008

decisions, decisions

I've always wanted a Winter wedding and while I'd like to get married sooner, the idea of having it cold and rainy is much more appealing than the lovely summers of Seattle. (Am I weird? Maybe.)

Hunny Bunny and I decided that we're going to tie the knot during November 2009. We're still flexible on the date so we're going to start looking at venues shortly. I'm sorta leaning towards the Arctic Club Hotel if only because no one else has had their wedding there!



We're planning to look at a few other places, of course.

There's the Pan Pacific Hotel, which has a lovely view of Lake Union and the Space Needle.

I'm not sure if this place is big enough to accommodate my humongous family!


And then there's the Westin in Bellevue.

I know the facilities are top notch, but it's right across the street from the mall and I don't know how I feel about that. I might not show up at my own wedding if there's a sale going on!

These are just a few of the places that I'm going to visit in the upcoming weeks. I hope to get a place lined up soon so I can focus on the fun stuff!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

eno: let me know how I can help

Anonymous said...

hey Mangela-- i say NO to a venue across the mall! I'm so opinionated. It would just be too weird and too suburbanite to have a beautiful wedding/moment across from mall America. YES to Arctic Club!!!! My two cents. HUGS, --me

Da Fashionista said...

all pretty options! but the sale situation would definitely be dangerous ;)

Rhondalei G. said...

I agree with the Arctic Club although I would have to see the actual venue. I'm in awe by the beautiful stained glass and the chandelier. :) No to the Westin in Belle. You would be running across the street just to "pick something up" last minute. haha!

Anonymous said...

The Artic Club? I don't know how I feel about travelling to the North Pole.