Friday, August 22, 2008

he's not that romantic

And honestly, neither am I. But as unromantic as both of us can be, Hunny Bunny and I decided to get engaged!

Last Saturday, while I was working at my parents' jewelry shop, HB came and took me to lunch. After lunch, he came into the shop for a visit and said we should look at rings. I showed him the one I liked though I didn't actually think he was serious but my hilarious mom made him fill out an invoice! Ha! Good little mommy!

And then he left. Did that just happen?

Later that night, as we were heading to our neighborhood drugstore, I had to ask. "Uhhh.. Are we engaged?"

"Sure."

That's so us.

I didn't want to really tell anyone until I had the ring so I'd been keeping mum all week. Let me tell you, I felt like barfing the whole time! I've been totally anxious and unable to sleep! Basically a nervous wreck.

Then yesterday after work, we went to pick up the ring!!

This is where it gets even less romantic (if that was possible!)... He handed me the box as we left the shop. (He was rushing me because he was parked illegally!)

I jokingly said "Aren't you going to put the ring on my finger?"

"No. You know that's not my style."

And then he dropped me off to have dinner with my girlfrieds. That took all of 30 minutes.

Dum dum da dum...

4 comments:

Angela said...

oh, at least it's a beautiful ring. it's okay, my brother in law proposed to my dad then my sister.

Anonymous said...

woot! open bar, right? RIGHT???

Sam I Am said...

nice manicure. that shiny thing is pretty gorgeous too. :) congrats Ang!!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That HUGE ROCK you got on is blinding me!! Yes, open bar please.