Thursday, August 28, 2008

in his element

Ugh. I hate to admit that I've been a total brat for probably at least a year because I was antsy for HB to finally pop the question. (I suppose he still hasn't really asked, but who cares! It's just a minor technicality. Besides, I have the one ring to rule them all, Precious.) I was so blinded by my, errr, rage that I really didn't see how good he's actually been!

So imagine my surprise to realize how much HB actually cares! I know, right?!

I assumed that after we were engaged, he'd be back to being hands-off with everything and I would just take over and plan everything. Well, once again I'm wrong. Not only is he totally into visiting sites with me, but he's pretty much enthused about the entire process!

As I mentioned before, HB will be designing the invitations. He just sent me the color palette samples along with some sample fonts. I told him that I didn't want the blue as an accent color and would prefer white instead and that the yellow was too gold. Then I asked for a more swirly, curly, girly font, but he said no. Phooey.

He did promise that he'd put some swirly, curly, girly elements on the invitation but that he had to put his foot down when it came to the font. He really likes the clean/simple look.

FINE. *pout pout*

Ugh. I hate to admit that he's been wonderful and I'm still a brat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm impressed that he's so involved! You should show him how neat embossing is...husbands make great worker bees! :o)

Tiffany said...

J is wonderful and puts up with all my brattiness. That's why we marry them right?

that's our job. to be brats :)

Tiffany said...

oh and can I say that even our men are alike?

J is also a graphic designer who designed our invites and save the dates. he also put his foot down to girly, swirly fonts. Helvetica Neue is what he uses on practically everything.