Friday, November 21, 2008

make me beautiful

I know my wedding package at the W Hotel includes a makeup artist by Smashbox to do my makeup on the day of my wedding. But honestly, who knows how good that person will be? And obviously, I need to be the star of the day!

So my mom's friend's daughter Stace does hair and makeup and I've heard that she's really talented - she freelances for MAC and also does her own thing. She did the hair and makeup for the model in the photo. Gorg, right?

I get to do a trial run with the Smashbox artist several months prior to my wedding so I'm going to see how good she is. If I don't like what she does, I'll give the freebie to one of my bridesmaids and hire Stace for myself.

At the very least, I'll have her do my hair. She already promised me a "homey discount" and said she could bring and assistant to help with all my bridesmaids' hair.

All I know is that I want my skin to be glowy and completely flawless. And I want all my bridesmaids to have similar ethereal looks nothing too dramatic or vampy - just simple and clean. One of my BMs tends to wear pretty dramatic makeup so hopefully she won't kill me for requesting that all the girls look similar. *wink

1 comment:

Rhondalei G. said...

Ahaha! I think its a good idea to have the BMs have a similar, toned-down look. You should definitely go for the MUA that best suits you!