Thursday, November 13, 2008

more clothes!


My aunt stopped by the other day and dropped of the Chinese kwa that she wore in her wedding nearly 20 years ago. In the meantime, another one of my aunts also wore it during her wedding and a family friend borrowed it too! I think it's a good sign since all of these women have been happily married since.

(Now the dress that's displayed isn't the exact dress that I plan to wear during the tea ceremony - I still want that to be a surprise for HB, but it kinda gives you an idea of what it looks like.)

The quality of my aunt's dress is soooo much nicer than what's available out there today. It's mostly handmade and rather than sequins and beading all over, the dragon/phoenix symbols are embroidered in a silver thread.

Sadly, it's a tad snug around my shoulders. I can zip it up just fine but I can barely lift my arms. I guess this will give me incentive to lose some weight! So maybe it's actually a good thing.

Have you noticed that most of my wedding accomplishments have revolved around clothing? I have my priorities, you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is definitely a keeper! Maybe a few more hot yoga sessions you'll slip right not w/o any worries.