Tuesday, September 1, 2009

it's getting closer

Hunny Bunny really didn't want to do it but he took one for the team and indulged my need for engagement photos. Besides, it was included in our deal! We couldn't let it go to waste right?

I had a really hard time deciding what to wear. Most people told me that I should wear basic, solid colors - no bold prints or crazy colors.

I tried on several outfits and modeled them for HB and also one of my bridesmaids. Both liked the dress that I had originally chosen, which was this floral number by Sweetees. I didn't want to buy a new dress for the photo shoot and I just really like this dress!

I didn't think it was too busy or too colorful, just enough. What do you think? I hope I made the right decision!

The photo shoot itself was so goofy! HB and I are not the kind of couple you see snuggling on a bench at the park. In fact, if you didn't know we were together, you probably wouldn't ever know! So to have us fake-kissing and whispering sweet nothings in each others ear?

Ew! Puke! BLECH!

I hope we get at least a few really good ones so I can have them printed and displayed during the wedding... We'll find out in a few weeks! Wish us luck!

fake-smoochies!

5 comments:

Rhondalei G. said...

I loooove the dress! I can't wait to see some pics!

N said...

I was one of the people who said solids, but I think the dress you picked is perfect for pics. I didn't know what I was saying! Can't wait to see em.

tam pham said...

can't wait to see the pics! it was so hard for me to pick out my e-pic outfit too!

hubby and i aren't really the lovey dovey PDA people either. one of my fave engagement pics....the one where he's whispering in my ear and i'm laughing (it was my facebook profile pic for a long time)...he was actually whispering super inappropriate stuff like "you smell like chicken" and "i have aids".

Brooke said...

you look stunning. you're in top bride form.

Tiffany said...

I think you picked the perfect dress. very cute! People tend to say go for solids and neutrals but I have no idea why. As a photographer I love it when my couples show up in bright colors and prints.

I get asked this "what do I wear for my engagement photos?" all the time. I need to write a post about it soon.